Since I am on the topic of food root vegetables are particularly delicious this time of year. My Dad, who works at Bed Bath and Beyond got me a spirilizer for Christmas. I have been baking a fantastic
recipe I found in Wegmans that uses spiralized butternut squash. I really do love to shop when they have tasting samples through the store. They even have beer at Wegmans samples now for all you beer connisoseurs.
I love baking in the winter also. Below is the most fabulous recipe. They definitely curb my chocolate chip cookie tooth with zero guilt as they contain no refined sugar or flour. They end up being a helping snack loaded with protein. Don't overcook them though, follow the recipe and let the cookies cool on the parchment paper for a bit. Enjoy our weekend! Happy Friday.
Dark Chocolate Almond Butter Cookies Recipe
- 1 cup sprouted almond butter
- ½ cup almond flour
- ⅓ cup maple syrup
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ cup cacao nibs
- ½ cup dark chocolate chips, minimum 70% cacao
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- In a food processor, add in almond butter, almond flour, maple syrup, egg, vanilla extract, sea salt, baking soda and baking powder.
- Stir in cacao nibs and dark chocolate chips.
- Chill dough for 20 minutes.
- Scoop a tablespoon of the dough and shape into cookies and place on baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Bake for 10–12 minutes.